Fact Sheet on HR. 1327/ S. 546
Statistics that show the Size and Scope of the 9/11 Health Crisis facing 9/11 Responders, Survivors and their Families
Below is information on the size and extent of the Health Crisis facing injured and ill 9/11 Responders and Survivors, including residents, student, and area workers.
- There are over 95,000 Responders and Survivors who are living in every State and from 433 of 435 Congressional Districts.
- There are over 16,000 participating in the National Program which provides medical treatment and monitoring for 9/11 Responders who live outside the New York Metropolitan Area, including responders to the Pentagon and the Shanksville crash site.
- There are over 75,000 9/11 Responders receiving medical monitoring to safeguard against emerging injuries.
- There are 17,618 injured 9/11 Survivors receiving medical treatment for their injuries from the World Trade Center Health Program.
- There are 49.119 Responders and Survivors that have at least one 9/11 condition. Over two thirds of these people have more than one condition and many of those suffer from multiple injuries and illnesses.
- 29,704 9/11 Responders and Survivors sought treatment last year, for their 9/11 injury from the World Trade Center Health Program.
- Over 2,000 active duty Fire Department personnel (Fire Fighters and EMS) and over 910 NYC Police Department personnel have had to retire due to disabling 9/11 injuries.
- 11,824 Responders and Survivors have been certified to have a 9/11 related cancer, of which over 1,100 are New York City Fire Fighters and EMS personnel.
- Over 212 New York Police Department officers and over 193 FDNY Firefighters have reportedly died of their 9/11 injuries since 9/11 and more are expected in the coming years.
- To date, the September 11 Victim Compensation Fund has received 48,548 eligibility claims.
- The VCF, since being reopened, has made over 28.081 determinations for injured and ill responders and survivors or their families totaling over $5.1 Billion.
- The VCF has claims from all fifty states.
- The VCF has announced cuts of 50% for pending claims and 70% for new claims so injured and ill 9/11 responders and survivors are starting to see the compensation they have been expecting and deserve reduced dramatically.
Prepared by Citizens for the Extension of the James Zadroga Act (Updated as of 06/04/2019)
WTC Health Program and VCF Participation by State
Participation by State in WTC Health Program and VCF March 8th, 2019
World Trade Center Health Program Statistics
World Trade Center Health Program Quarterly Reports
September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Program Statistics
VCF Participation by State December 2018
September 11 Victim Compensation Fund Reports
September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Annual Reports
(Updated as of 3/5/2019)