Statistics that show the Size and Scope of the 9/11 Health Crisis facing 9/11 Responders, Survivors and their Families
Below is information on the size and extent of the Health Crisis facing injured and ill 9/11 Responders and Survivors, including residents, student, area workers.
- There are over 70,952, 9/11 Responders and Survivors who are living in every State and from 429 of 435 Congressional Districts.
- There are over 7,900 participating in the National Program which provides medical treatment and monitoring for 9/11 responders who live outside the New York Metropolitan Area, including responders to the Pentagon and the Shanksville crash site.
- There are over 63,000 9/11 Responders receiving medical monitoring to safeguard against emerging injuries.
- There are 7,849 injured 9/11 Survivors receiving medical treatment for their injuries from the World Trade Center Health Program.
- Over 30,000 Responders and Survivors have at least one 9/11 condition and over two thirds have more than one condition and a large number of those suffer from multiple injuries and illnesses.
- Over 20,000 9/11 Responders and Survivors sought treatment last year, for their 9/11 injury from the World Trade Center Health Program.
- Over 1,500 active duty Fire Department personnel (Fire Fighters and EMS) and over 550 NYC Police Department personal have had to retire due to disabling 9/11 injuries.
- More than 3,800 Responders and Survivors have been certified to have a 9/11 related cancer, of which over 950 are New York City Fire fighters and EMS personnel.
- Over 82 New York Police Department officers and over 90 Firefighters have reportedly died of their 9/11 injuries since 9/11 and more are expected in the coming years.
- The September 11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) has determined as of January 2, 2015 that there are 9,677 eligible injured 9/11 Responders and Survivors and their families that can be considered for compensation for their economic loss.
- The VCF has made 3,128 compensation determinations totaling $804 million dollars.
World Trade Center Health Program Statistics
World Trade Center Health Program Quarterly Reports
September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Program Statistics
September 11 Victim Compensation Fund Quarterly Reports
September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Annual Reports